Start Making a Difference With An ABA Therapy Career
We are always looking to expand our team of ABA therapists! There is no career more rewarding than helping children with autism improve their behaviors, teaching them to communicate both verbally and non-verbally, and helping them to overcome social challenges.
As a Steps to Progress employee, you will be on teams for several clients and have the opportunity to see them make progress on a daily basis. If you can think creatively, react in the moment, and enjoy working with children we encourage you to reach out to us for consideration.
Join Our ABA Therapy Team in Houston, Texas
What We’re Looking For
- A desire to help children with autism
- College degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn ABA techniques quickly
- Calm demeanor
- Positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Reliable transportation
- Excellent rapport with children
- Experience working with children preferred
Current Job Openings
Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
Steps to Progress LLC is looking for a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) to assist us in providing exceptional Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy to children with autism in the Greater Houston area. We provide creative ABA and address each child as an individual in developing their plan of treatment. We serve clients of varied ages and abilities – we believe in helping children when and where we can, without imposing artificial limits based purely on economics or convenience.
Steps to Progress LLC provides both clinic-based, in-home, and occasionally in-school ABA treatment. The successful candidate will report to the President and will work with a team of experienced and competent BCBAs and RBTs. All of our therapists have at least a bachelor’s degree and are trained in-house.
The successful candidate will fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the therapy programs for (typically) 8-10 clients. Client loading depends on individual client factors (scheduled hours, challenges, therapy location, etc)
- Perform formal assessments of clients and prepare treatment plans as needed to secure initial and recurring authorizations
- Supervise RBT staff providing therapy for your clients according to insurance requirements and client needs
- Conduct parent training with the families of assigned clients
- Be responsible for the mentoring and coaching of selected RBTs
- Occasionally Provide 1:1 ABA therapy to clients
Requirements for Applicant in addition to the ability to perform the above listed responsibilities:
- Master’s Degree
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) licensed in Texas
- Excellent rapport with children
- Ability to work well with a team of BCBA peers to collectively improve our therapy and the Company in general
- Ability to adapt to best practices and be creative in developing programs and working with children with ASD
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate and work with the parents of clients
- Excellent computer skills
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Some unique aspects of the BCBA role at Steps to Progress:
- BCBAs prepare treatment plans, supervise therapy, and conduct parent training for their clients, giving them the ability to oversee all aspects of their clients’ therapy.
- BCBAs are responsible only for their schedule. RBTs are scheduled via a separate scheduler on staff
- Each BCBA is provided with both a company laptop and I-Pad.
- We encourage and support the continuing professional development and education of our BCBAs by paying for attendance at ABAI, APBA, and other conferences. We also pay for annual BACB and license renewal fees as well as professional organization membership dues.
- We support our BCBAs as they work with their clients and families by helping with client/parent issues as needed.
- We have a very flat organization, ensuring that BCBAs have easy access to ownership and an opportunity to provide input into how things get done in the Company
The pay range for this position is $70,000 to $85,000 per year based on experience.
Steps to Progress LLC values our employees and provides competitive pay and benefits. Benefits include seven paid holidays and paid time off (allocation based on your total ABA experience) . We also offer medical, dental, and vision insurance, with company payment of 75% of the premium. The company pays for life insurance for full time employees and short term disability insurance, after one year of employment. We also offer a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
Employment opportunities at Steps to Progress LLC are based upon the applicant’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job and are free from discrimination because of race, religion, sex, national origin, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are interested in this position please submit a resume with cover letter. For more information on Steps to Progress LLC or the position please see our website at www.stepstoprogress.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Houston, TX 77063: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- BCBA Certification (Required)
Work Location: One location
Benefits & Perks
RBT Certification Training Provided
Within your first two months of employment, you will receive Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) training as part of our new employee onboarding requirements, and will be expected to be RBT certified within this time frame. This valuable training gives you the necessary skills to better serve our clients on all levels of ASD. We will provide ongoing support and training from one of our BCBA Supervisors and be there every step of the way to help you excel and succeed.